DATA PROTECTION NOTICE FOR CUSTOMERS
This Data Protection Notice (“Notice”) sets out the basis which Saffrons Restaurant Pte Ltd, Saffrons@1163 Pte Ltd, and any other companies under the umbrella (“we”, “us”, or “our”) (collectively “Saffrons”) may collect, use, disclose or otherwise process personal data of our customers in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act (“PDPA”). This Notice applies to personal data in our possession or under our control, including personal data in the possession of organisations which we have engaged to collect, use, disclose or process personal data for our purposes.
1. As used in this Notice:
“customer” means an individual who
(a) has contacted us through any means to find out more about any goods or services we provide, or
(b) may, or has, entered into a contract with us for the supply of any goods or services by us; and
“personal data” means data, whether true or not, about a customer who can be identified:
(a) from that data; or
(b) from that data and other information to which we have or are likely to have access.
2. Other terms used in this Notice shall have the meanings given to them in the PDPA (where the context so permits).
TYPES OF DATA COLLECTED
3. Personal Data: Depending on the nature of your interaction with us, some examples of personal data which we may collect from you include name, residential address, email address, telephone number, gender, date of birth, photographs and other audio-visual information, and financial information such as credit card numbers, debit card numbers or bank account information. This may be done through our website, over the phone, by email or in person. We may also keep a record of any correspondence if you contact us.
4. Usage Data: Usage data is collected automatically when you use our website and may include information such as your Device’s IP address, browser type, browser version, the time and date of your visit, the pages visited during your visit and unique device identifiers.
5. Cookies and Mobile Technology: Cookies and similar tracking technologies are used to collect and track your activity on our website. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your computer’s hard drive or user device by your web browser and help to make our website more user-friendly, more effective and more secure. You can manually delete cookies after their use via the web browser. More information may be available from your web browser provider.
Flash cookies are a particular form of cookies governed by the Adobe Flash plug-in. These can contain more information than normal cookies and can be deleted or disabled if you follow the instructions available from the Adobe Flash Player website.
Web beacons are small graphic images on a web page used in conjunction with cookies for statistical analysis purposes.
6. Geolocation Technologies: Geo-location technology refers to technologies that permit us to determine your location. Our website may offer location-enabled services such as Google Maps, or we may ask you to manually provide location information like your postal code. You can object to this geo-location service within the web-based application and by changing your device privacy settings.
7. During the registration process, you must provide us with a password, your name, address and a valid email address and other required information. It is your responsibility to keep your password strictly confidential.
COLLECTION, USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
8. We generally do not collect your personal data unless
(a) it is provided to us voluntarily by you directly or via a third party who has been duly authorised by you to disclose your personal data to us (your “authorised representative”) after (i) you (or your authorised representative) have been notified of the purposes for which the data is collected, and (ii) you (or your authorised representative) have provided written consent to the collection and usage of your personal data for those purposes, or
(b) collection and use of personal data without consent is permitted or required by the PDPA or other laws. We shall seek your consent before collecting any additional personal data and before using your personal data for a purpose which has not been notified to you (except where permitted or authorised by law).
By using our service or visiting our website, you consent to the collection and use of your information and other activities as outlined in this policy.
9. We may collect and use your personal data for any or all of the following purposes:
(a) performing obligations in the course of or in connection with our provision of the goods and/or services requested by you;
(b) verifying your identity;
(c) responding to, handling, and processing queries, requests, applications, complaints, and feedback from you;
(d) managing your relationship with us;
(e) processing payment or credit transactions;
(f) complying with any applicable laws, regulations, codes of practice, guidelines, or rules, or to assist in law enforcement and investigations conducted by any governmental and/or regulatory authority;
(g) any other purposes for which you have provided the information;
(h) transmitting to any unaffiliated third parties including our third party service providers and agents, and relevant governmental and/or regulatory authorities, whether in Singapore or abroad, for the aforementioned purposes; and
(i) any other incidental business purposes related to or in connection with the above.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA TO THIRD PARTIES
11. We may disclose your personal data that you have provided to us to our third party service providers, agents, affiliates or related corporations, for one or more of the purposes stated in or notified to you under the Collection, Use and Disclosure of Personal Data clause. The data may be transferred within or outside of the Republic of Singapore.
12. The third parties which we conduct business with are only authorized to use your information to perform the service for which they were hired. All third parties are required to adhere to the Singapore Personal Data Protection Act 2012, and to take reasonable measures to ensure your personal data is secure.
13. We do not sell personal data to any third party.
WITHDRAWING YOUR CONSENT
14. The consent that you provide for the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data will remain valid until such time it is being withdrawn by you in writing. You may withdraw consent and request us to stop collecting, using and/or disclosing your personal data for any or all of the purposes listed above by submitting your request in writing or via email to our Data Protection Officer at the contact details provided below.
15. Upon receipt of your written request to withdraw your consent, we may require reasonable time (depending on the complexity of the request and its impact on our relationship with you) for your request to be processed and for us to notify you of the consequences of us acceding to the same, including any legal consequences which may affect your rights and liabilities to us. In general, we shall seek to process your request within ten (10) business days of receiving it.
16. Whilst we respect your decision to withdraw your consent, please note that depending on the nature and scope of your request, we may not be in a position to continue providing our goods or services to you and we shall, in such circumstances, notify you before completing the processing of your request. Should you decide to cancel your withdrawal of consent, please inform us in writing in the manner described in clause 14 above.
17. Please note that withdrawing consent does not affect our right to continue to collect, use and disclose personal data where such collection, use and disclose without consent is permitted or required under applicable laws.
ACCESS TO AND CORRECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
18. If you wish to make
(a) an access request for access to a copy of the personal data which we hold about you or information about the ways in which we use or disclose your personal data, or
(b) a correction request to correct or update any of your personal data which we hold about you, you may submit your request in writing or via email to our Data Protection Officer at the contact details provided below.
19. Please note that a reasonable fee may be charged for an access request. If so, we will inform you of the fee before processing your request.
20. We will respond to your request as soon as reasonably possible. In general, our response will be within ten (10) business days. Should we not be able to respond to your request within thirty (30) days after receiving your request, we will inform you in writing within thirty (30) days of the time by which we will be able to respond to your request. If we are unable to provide you with any personal data or to make a correction requested by you, we shall generally inform you of the reasons why we are unable to do so (except where we are not required to do so under the PDPA).
PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
21. To safeguard your personal data from unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks, we have introduced appropriate administrative, physical and technical measures such as minimised collection of personal data, authentication and access controls (such as good password practices, need-to-basis for data disclosure, etc.), encryption of data, up-to-date antivirus protection, regular patching of operating system and other software, securely erase storage media in devices before disposal and web security measures against risks.
22. You should be aware, however, that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is completely secure. While security cannot be guaranteed, we strive to protect the security of your information and are constantly reviewing and enhancing our information security measures.
ACCURACY OF PERSONAL DATA
23. We generally rely on personal data provided by you (or your authorised representative). In order to ensure that your personal data is current, complete and accurate, please update us if there are changes to your personal data by informing our Data Protection Officer in writing or via email at the contact details provided below.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
24. We may retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected, or as required or permitted by applicable laws.
25. We will cease to retain your personal data, or remove the means by which the data can be associated with you, as soon as it is reasonable to assume that such retention no longer serves the purpose for which the personal data was collected, and is no longer necessary for legal or business purposes.
TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL DATA OUTSIDE OF SINGAPORE
26. When transferring your personal data outside of Singapore, we will protect your personal data to a standard comparable to the protection accorded to your personal data under the Singapore Personal Data Protection Act 2012 by ensuring that the recipient is either in a jurisdiction which has comparable data protection laws or is contractually bound to protect your personal data.
DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
27. You may contact our Data Protection Officer if you have any enquiries or feedback on our personal data protection policies and procedures, or if you wish to make any request, in the following manner:
Contact No: 9238 1924
Email Address: email@example.com
EFFECT OF NOTICE AND CHANGES TO NOTICE
28. This Notice applies in conjunction with any other notices, contractual clauses and consent clauses that apply in relation to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data by us.
29. We may revise this Notice from time to time without any prior notice. You may determine if any such revision has taken place by referring to the date on which this Notice was last updated. Your continued use of our services constitutes your acknowledgement and acceptance of such changes.
Effective date : 25/10/2022
Last updated : 06/12/2022